Helsinki based SoMe freelancer. Blogger. YouTuber. Instagrammer. Snapchatter.

Wednesday 19 July 2017

What's a Lapland Hotel doing in Tampere?

Visited Tampere and instead of choosing the hotel we normally do we chose Lapland Hotels.
Sounds weird right? A Lappish hotel in a city.
Well, that's at least what I thought. Decided to notch things up and take a suite.
So how did I like the hotel and our suite? Take a look below.



How gorgeous is the lobby? I love the details, the colours. Beautiful work.



I was very very pleased. Such an original decor, still comfy and Lappish themed. The suite has a separate toilet, and a 'uuge bathroom with sauna, two showers, and two sinks. 


And would you look at these door signs, they're just awesome.

In general, I think that hotel restaurants are meh but due to the hotel being so extra so far- into the restaurant Dabbal we went.


The, fantastic in my opinion, decor is continued in the restaurant and its menu. I chose a Dabbal's burger and my companion wanted to try the Fell menu (Tunturi menu).



Both got as appetizers home made breads, maltbread and unkneaded bread with dandelion served with brown butter with kuusenkerkkä (some special part/ thing from spruce which I can not find a translation to) and parsnip brown butter soup with rosemary.


Perch for him and glass of sparkling for me.


My burger and his entrecote. 


This tiny thing is a called a fresher. A birch sorbet to cleanse your palette.


For dessert rhubarb pudding with elderflower sorbet.
This meal was ah mazing. Our waitress for the evening was Oona, she was superb.


I slept well in our suite, I was happy with everything.


Breakfast is served in this gorgeous high ceilinged room with a three as a centerpiece. We ordered, the normal brekkie includes tea and/ or coffee, for extra 'special cafés' as we say in Finland. There's a chef ready to make your omelets just the way you want.

Overall this hotel and its decor are the coolest I've experienced in a long time. The meals were made with love and with respect to Lappish culture and from hand picked ingredients. The staff was just superb, every single one we met.

I've never been a fan of cold and snow but in a nice hotel like this in Lapland maybe the meeting Santa trip isn't impossible, xoxo

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig